Welcome wannabe blogger to scoopgram. It’s obvious why you are here on my website and no worries, you are on the right platform. I am sharing my personal views on “How to become a blogger”
I have been receiving e-mails and messages from people who want to be a blogger but do not have proper guidance. So YES, you all are my inspiration for this article. I really want to help you with this.
In this article, I will give a step by step approach on how to become a successful blogger. You can create a profitable blog or reinvent your blog.
I know that you will find it hard at starting but believe me, I was one of you a few time back. But just keep the motivation high and keep working.
Benefits of blogging :
People nowadays don’t do anything unless it benefits them and it’s good, why should we spend our precious time and money on things that are not worth it.
The First question about blogging that people have is: What are the benefits of blogging?
Here are a few reasons why should you blog :
- Blogging boosts your online presence.
- It helps you to identify your interest and passion.
- What,s better than making money by spending a few hours on internet.
- People start trusting you and your brand.
- You can promote your business or brand by blogging.
- It gives you the opportunity to interact with new people.
- You get freedom and time with money.
- It improves your vocabulary and writing skill.
- You read more and more blogs for information, so it enhances your knowledge.
In this way, you are also helping people by providing them information for free.
Steps to become a blogger :
I see my reflection in you, the person who wanted to start a blog.
So I will guide you step by step on “How to become a blogger “ from my personal experience.
I know that there are many articles on this but you will find them sharing information just for the sake of marketing. I will not share anything without my experience.
#1 Identify your passion and Interest –
I have seen many people who just want to earn money through blogging but they are unaware of the fact that you cannot do something consistently unless you are interested in it.
You have to be passionate about the topic you are going to write.
Ask yourself these questions before selecting a topic/niche for your blog:
- Am I passionate about the topic about which I am writing?
- Do I have enough knowledge about this topic?
- Are there people who are interested in my article? For this, you can use tools like Ubersuggest, keywords everywhere.
- Do I have patience? You are not going to get huge traffic within a day, it takes months of hard work and dedication.
#2 Find a Domain name :
The Domain name is the name of your website.
For example – google.com, shoutmeloud.com, etc.
After deciding the niche/topic of your website, you should select your domain name.
Companies like: GoDaddy, BigRock are one of the top domain selling websites.
Search your domain name and check if it’s available. Buy it if it is available and if not then search for a different domain name.
Things to keep in mind before selecting a domain name :
- It should be as short as possible. Maximum characters should be 16.
- Your domain name should have no digits. It confuses people whether to write it in numeric or alphabets.
- It should not contain any confusing words such as vicks.com/wix.com.
- Your domain should reflect the topic of your website. You can’t sell iPhones on petlover.com. It decreases the credibility of your website.
- Always prefer .com over .in,.pk because it shows your domain worldwide. You can choose .in if your business is only limited to India and you have no thoughts about making it worldwide.
You can also buy expired domain names as they have good domain authority and page authority.
But before buying expired domain names, research about it. It should not have spam backlinks or unauthorised content.
#3 Buy a Good Hosting for your blog
As you have purchased your domain now, but where will you save your data online?
This is the role of hosting. It is useful to save your data online.
Data will be saved in your server. You can check GoDaddy Hosting, I am also using this.
These are the types of hosting, you can buy as per your requirement. I would recommend you to buy Economy if you are just starting to blog.
#4 Content Management System for your blog
You have purchased the domain and hosting for your website, the next step is adding content to website.
To add content to your website, use WordPress. WordPress is the best platform to add content to your website.
This is as simple as using Microsoft Word.
Why WordPress :
- It is widely used by people across the globe.
- Easy to manage.
- Many free plugins to improve your blog content and improve your website.
- Contains many free and paid themes to enhance your website without coding.
- Good customer services.
How to install WordPress?
Sign-in with your hosting and go to My Products.
I am giving a pictorial representation of GoDaddy hosting.
Click on Manage Hosting.
Go to C-Panel admin.
Install WordPress from featured applications.
Now you are set up to write content on your website.
#5 Create accounts on Social-Media
Facebook has about 2.2 billion users, Instagram has 1 billion users, twitter ha 335 million users. So these are good platforms to share your blogs.
Create social media accounts on different platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, etc..
Try to reach as much as audience you can on social media and promote your blogs.
#6 Find perfect theme for WordPress –
WordPress contains plenty of themes – some of them are paid while many are free too.
Keep the following things in mind before buying a theme :
It should have unlimited sites license.
- Easy to manage
- Compatible with the latest version of WordPress
- Suit your blog category.
- Can be changed and modified.
FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)
Q: I don’t have money, can I start a blog?
Ans: The answer is YES , you can make use of free platforms like Blogger.com for a good start . Blogging just require your time and patience.
Q: There are already so many blogs, how can I stand out?
Ans: Everyone is unique. Every person in this world has something unique to offer.
Analyze the top blogs, check out what they are lagging and how you can write better than them.
Q: What should be the length of my article?
Ans: There are successful blogs having a length of 300 words and also blogs having length of 3000 words. This depends upon your writing style, content and your topic.
Q: I do not know how to code, Can I become a blogger?
Ans: YES you can blog, if that was the case you would not have been reading this article.
You can use WordPress, it is easy to manage and needs no coding.